We, Responding to Climate Change Limited (“RTCC”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is RTCC.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU
RTCC may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms required to access any part of or sites including but not limited to www.rtcc.org, or any such other related sites as may from time to time be necessary. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use any of our sites, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. You may also be asked for information when you report a problem with our site or when you enter competitions or promotions.
- If you contact RTCC, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- RTCC may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Although it is not compulsory for you to give us this information, without it RTCC may not be able to provide you with the full range of products and services which the website has to offer especially access to publications, booking events and conferences.
CHANGES TO YOUR DETAILS
We will always aim to ensure that all information about you is as accurate as possible and not held for longer than necessary. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
RTCC may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, RTCC may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You are asked not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
RTCC use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To send you information about our publications, lectures, conferences and other related products and services.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To verify your identity.
If you are an existing customer, from time to time we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about our services similar to those which were the subject of your interest.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
RTCC may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case RTCC may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions [http://www.rtcc.org/terms] and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.